MODERNIZATION FUND (FM) – PRODUCTION
FUND FOR MODERNIZATION (FM)
Supporting investments in new electricity production capacities produced from sources
State aid - Ministry of Energy
Guide to public consultation
- SMEs (including start-ups)
- Large enterprises
- Autonomous kings
The total budget is 550,000,000 euros from the Modernization Fund
The amount of state aid requested per MW installed will fall within the following maximum ceilings:
- Wind energy ➢650,000 Euro/MW
- Solar energy ➢425,000 Euro/MW
- Hydro energy ➢805,000 Euro/MW
- Geothermal energy ➢690,000 Euro/MW
- Energy from biomass and biogas ➢692,000 Euro/MW
The maximum amount of state aid is 20 million euros per enterprise, per investment project, representing a maximum of 100% of eligible expenses. The difference up to the total value of the project is covered by the beneficiary.
Type of investmentTia
The realization of new energy production capacities, where none existed until now. Careful! Projects that are proposed to replace older renewable energy production capacities are not eligible.
- The purchase of installations/equipment for the construction of new electricity production capacities from renewable wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, biomass or biogas energy sources;
- Constructions that are the object of the project to produce electricity from renewable wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, biomass, or biogas energy sources.
No storage capacities funded!
Amount of state aid requested for the project from eligible expenses/ installed MW of production (max 100 points), scoring:
- The lowest amount of state aid requested (Euro/MW) – 100 points
- The highest amount of state aid requested (Euro/MW) – 0 points
The capacity to be installed from renewable sources during the annual usage period must not be less than 1138 kwh/year for solar energy, 2100 kwh/year for wind energy, and 5256 kwh/year for the other technologies.
The amount of state aid requested does not exceed 20 million EURO per enterprise, per investment project, equivalent in lei at the InforEuro exchange rate of the month prior to the opening of the competitive bidding procedure.