MODERNISATION FUND (FM)
Supporting investment in new electricity generation capacity from renewable energy sources renewable
State aid – Ministry of Energy
Guide in public consultation
October 11th, 2022
- SMEs (including start-ups)
- Large enterprises
- Autonomous regions
The total budget is €550,000,000 from the Modernisation Fund
The amount of state aid to be requested per MW installed will fall under the following maximum ceilings:
- Wind energy ➢000 Euro/MW
- Solar energy ➢000 Euro/MW
- Hydropower ➢805.000 Euro/MW
- Geothermal energy ➢690.000 Euro/MW
- Energy from biomass and biogas ➢692.000 Euro/MW
The maximum amount of State aid is €20 million per enterprise per investment project, representing a maximum of 100% of eligible expenditure. The difference up to the total amount of the project is covered by the beneficiary.
Type of investment
Building new energy production capacity where none has existed so far.
Attention! Projects that are proposed to replace older renewable energy capacity are not eligible.
- Purchase of installations/equipment for the construction of new electricity generation capacity from renewable sources of wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, biomass or biogas;
- Constructions that are the subject of a project to produce electricity from renewable sources of wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, biomass, or biogas.
No funding for energy storage capacity!
Amount of State aid requested for the project from eligible expenditure/ MW installed by production (max 100 points), award of points:
- Lowest amount of State aid requested (Euro/MW) – 100 pct
- Highest amount of State aid requested (Euro/MW) – 0 pct
The capacity to be installed from renewable sources during the annual period of use must not be less than 1138 kwh/year for solar energy, 2100 kwh/year for wind energy, and 5256 kwh/year for other technologies.
The amount of State aid requested does not exceed €20 million per enterprise, per investment project, equivalent in RON at the InforEuro exchange rate of the month preceding the opening of the competitive bidding procedure.